Waste quantities are on a continually-increasing trend and the waste business is prospering. This is particularly true for several specific kinds of wastes. In an affluent society such as ours, in the industrial world a large quantity of surplus goods is produced in manufacturing and distribution processes and ultimately in households. This overabundance has to be dealt with and disposed of and thus WASTE is produced.
* Waste incorporating both valuable materials and harmful components.
* Waste frequently constituted by still marketable goods capable of providing sustenance to the less affluent.
* Waste that reflects the lavish mindset of our society.
* Waste capable of providing new resources by direct use, recycling or following some kind of treatment.
* Waste that may help to save our natural resources.
* Waste capable of harming the environment when disposed of under uncontrolled conditions.